Join us in advancing safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all.
We’re super excited about the work we do and the community we’ve built and think you might be, too.
Why? Well, there’s a lot to be proud of! Q-Centrix is a leading healthcare information solutions provider. Our oncology program is the market leader in clinical data management, powered by a tight-knit team of data geniuses, problem solvers, tech enthusiasts, and brilliant quality experts. Our collaborative crew of nearly 300 oncology data experts leverages their unique expertise and insight2oncology®, part of our comprehensive clinical data management platform, to help the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare systems unlock the value and purpose of clinical data to advance cancer outcomes and care across the country. With a proud history of making a positive impact, we’ve touched the lives of more than 460,000 cancer patients since our inception. But that’s not all—in 2023 alone, we’re projected to extend our reach to another 330,000 patient stories.
Join our team to enjoy a flexible, 100% remote environment. We offer both part-time and full-time opportunities, all of which are W2 (not contract) and include an ongoing and consistent workload. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Become a part of our team during a milestone moment in our growth, benefiting from our deep cancer registry experience and employee-centric leadership.
- Deliver quality solutions to hospital partners across the country, approaching each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply your expertise with precision.
- Bring your specialized knowledge and patient storytelling skills to our hospital partners through categorizing, coding, summarizing, interpreting, and mining registry/case information from nuanced, unstructured patient medical records.
- Perform data collection (abstracting) and reporting on eligible cancer cases under current state mandates and national accrediting agencies.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Support our partners' CoC Accreditation process with strong cancer registry operations, creation of policies and procedures, utilization of NCBD quality tools and knowledge of the how all the standards support quality patient care.
- Engage in a variety of educational opportunities, including on-the-job learning guided by our in-house Quality & Education Team along with easily accessible CEUs and paid time for continuing education.
- Stay up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer, and other agencies.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents while also identifying process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Participate in our culture of perpetual learning and meaningful collaboration, supporting the development of your colleagues, including team members who recently obtained their ODS-C (CTR) and Clinical Data Support Specialists.
- Know how to evaluate concordance with cancer program accreditation and other applicable standards.
- Have experience working with multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases.
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method, synthesizing data and suggesting recommendations.
- Hold high standards for accuracy and are attentive to detail.
- Call yourself technically savvy and are interested in learning new systems and technology.
- Organized and adept at managing your time across multiple accounts and shifting timelines and priorities.
- Deeply value information security and privacy, maintaining high responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential (psst… Q-Centrix is SOC2 + HITRUST certified, so we take our cybersecurity seriously!).
- Applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must be legally able to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship
Education and Experience:
- Must be the proud recipient of a CTR (ODS-C) Certification
- Must have at least 2+ years experience abstracting with an ODS certification
- Direct data abstraction experience in the Cancer Registry
- Exposure to patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Excel)
Become a valued member of our team and count on us to provide:
- W2 employment (not contract!) with opportunities to create a flexible work schedule to tailor your around your needs in a 100% remote environment (no travel or onsite work required!).
- Competitive pay, including growth and advancement opportunities!
- Paid onboarding while awaiting facility access.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, generous PTO, parental leave, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, employee wellness resources, paid education time and CEUs, and more.
- Opportunities to learn new skills through our in-house quality and education department.
- Exposure to the best cancer registry software on the market.
- Positive and collaborative relationships with customers, colleagues, and leadership.
- Consistent and ongoing workload
Brownie points if you have:
- Experience working at or with a CoC Accredited facility
At Q-Centrix, our purpose—safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all—drives everything we do. To accomplish this important work, we need to attract, engage, and retain a talented team by providing a compelling, equitable rewards package comprised of an inclusive culture, flexible work environment, learning and development opportunities, competitive pay that rewards high performance, and robust benefits that support health and financial wellness. Add to this package a supportive community of people who help each other not only do meaningful work, but learn, grow, and have fun while doing so, and you get an organization that has earned the Great Place to Work distinction multiple years in a row!
The target wage range for this role is $27.00 - $32.00 per hour. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational considerations. Wage ranges are reviewed, at minimum, annually and all team members are eligible for performance-based wage rate increases annually. The Q-Centrix compensation plan is productivity and accuracy focused, therefore, actual compensation could be higher or lower than target, dependent upon the team member’s performance.
In addition to our inclusive and innovative working environment and competitive pay, full-time* team members enjoy:
- A fully remote work environment with flexible schedule and a generous Paid Time Off program with additional paid time for volunteering.
- Robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health savings accounts, company paid short- and long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid parental leave, life insurance, accident insurance, and other voluntary benefit programs for employees and their eligible dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
- Paid professional development hours and other supportive resources.
*Team members who are committed to work 30 or more hours each week are considered full-time
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation, and believe in our purpose of safer, consistent, quality health care for all. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity, and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.