A purposeful career is what you will find at Q-Centrix. Making a meaningful impact is what we do every day. Quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive patient outcomes as the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our dedicated data abstractors, otherwise known here at Q-Centrix as Senior Clinical Data Specialists, SCDS uses Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
Job Description: A purposeful career is what you will find at Q-Centrix. Making a meaningful impact is what we do every day. Quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive patient outcomes as the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our dedicated data abstractors, otherwise known here at Q-Centrix as Senior Clinical Data Specialists, SCDS uses Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
Job Summary: The Data Abstraction Specialist (SCDS - Senior Clinical Data Specialist) delivers quality solutions to hospital partners across the country. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply their clinical expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research. Find your purpose by joining the Q-Centrix team to make a meaningful impact!
Our MBSAQIP abstractors work with multiple hospital partners to:
- Apply specialized, clinical knowledge of hospital partners: categorize, code, summarize, interpret, and calculate registry/case information from nuanced, patient medical records.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Prioritize, organize, and meet tight deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks and team requests; uses tact and judgment to manage expectations, flag obstacles, and propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Navigate new technical systems: electronic medical records (EMR) and registry/case entry tools; use team resources to troubleshoot technical issues with systems and applications with a focus on solutions.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents; identifies process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer, d other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must have direct clinical data abstraction experience within the past year.
- Have an active MBSCR certification.
- Exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Excel).
- All applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must have legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
- Direct clinical experience.
- RN, LPN, RT, or RCIS credentials.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations.
- Demonstrates high standards for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates technical savvy and a strong desire to learn new systems and technology.
- Thrives working independently and takes ownership of projects/patient records.
- Consistently and clearly communicates, adjusting style and tone as needed to collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads, and others.
- Demonstrates strong self-organizational and time management skills to manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities.
- Adapts to changes in hospital partner timelines, requirements, and project assignments.
- Maintains high responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential.
At Q-Centrix, our purpose—safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all—drives everything we do. To accomplish this important work, we need to attract, engage, and retain a talented team by providing a compelling, equitable rewards package comprised of an inclusive culture, flexible work environment, learning and development opportunities, competitive pay that rewards high performance, and robust benefits that support health and financial wellness. Add to this package a supportive community of people who help each other not only do meaningful work, but learn, grow, and have fun while doing so, and you get an organization that has earned the Great Place to Work distinction multiple years in a row!
The target wage range for this role is $27.00 - $33.00 per hour. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational considerations. Wage ranges are reviewed, at minimum, annually and all team members are eligible for performance-based wage rate increases annually. The Q-Centrix compensation plan is productivity and accuracy focused, therefore, actual compensation could be higher or lower than target, dependent upon the team member’s performance.
In addition to our inclusive and innovative working environment and competitive pay, part-time* team members enjoy a fully remote work environment with a flexible schedule.
*Team members who are committed to work 29 hours or fewer each week are considered part-time
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation, and believe in our purpose of safer, consistent, quality health care for all. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity, and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.