- Become a part of our team during a milestone moment in our growth, benefiting from our deep cancer registry experience and employee-centric leadership.
- Bring your specialized knowledge and patient story telling skills to our hospital partners through categorizing, coding, summarizing, interpreting, and mining registry/case information from nuanced, unstructured patient medical records.
- Support our partners' CoC Accreditation process with strong cancer registry operations, creation of policies and procedures, utilization of NCBD quality tools and knowledge of the how all the standards support quality patient care.
- Perform data collection (abstracting) and reporting on eligible cancer cases under current state mandates and national accrediting agencies.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents while also identifying process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Stay up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer, and other agencies.
- Engage in a variety of educational opportunities, including on-the-job learning guided by our in-house Quality & Education Team along with easily accessible CEUs and paid time for continuing education.
- Deliver quality solutions to hospital partners across the country, approaching each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply your expertise with precision.
- Contribute to our culture of perpetual learning and meaningful collaboration, supporting the development of your colleagues, including early CTRs and Cancer Registry Support Specialists.
- Are the proud owner of a current CTR credential (required)!
- Are a graduate of a Cancer Information Management program
- Ability to evaluate concordance with cancer program accreditation and other applicable standards.
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method, synthesizing data and suggesting recommendations.
- Have exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases.
- Hold high standards for accuracy and are attentive to detail.
- Call yourself technically savvy and are interested in learning new systems and technology.
- Organized and adept at managing your time across multiple accounts and shifting timelines and priorities.
- Deeply value information security and privacy, maintaining high responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential (psst… Q-Centrix is SOC2 + HITRUST certified, so we take our cybersecurity seriously!).
- Applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must be legally able to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
Become a valued member of our team and count on us to provide:
- W2 employment (not contract!) with opportunities to create a flexible work schedule to tailor your around your needs in a 100% remote environment (no travel or onsite work required!).
- Competitive pay, including growth and advancement opportunities!
- Paid onboarding while awaiting facility access.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, generous PTO, parental leave, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, employee wellness resources, paid education time and CEUs, and more.
- Opportunities to learn new skills through our in-house quality and education department.
- Exposure to the best cancer registry software on the market.
- Positive and collaborative relationships with customers, colleagues, and leadership.
- Consistent and ongoing workload
Brownie points if you have:
- Experience working at or with a CoC Accredited facility.
At Q-Centrix, our purpose—safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all—drives everything we do. To accomplish this important work, we need to attract, engage, and retain a talented team by providing a compelling, equitable rewards package comprised of an inclusive culture, flexible work environment, learning and development opportunities, competitive pay that rewards high performance, and robust benefits that support health and financial wellness. Add to this package a supportive community of people who help each other not only do meaningful work, but learn, grow, and have fun while doing so, and you get an organization that has earned the Great Place to Work distinction multiple years in a row!
The target wage range for this role is $25.00 - $26.00 per hour. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational considerations. Wage ranges are reviewed, at minimum, annually and all team members are eligible for performance-based wage rate increases annually. The Q-Centrix compensation plan is productivity and accuracy focused, therefore, actual compensation could be higher or lower than target, dependent upon the team member’s performance.
In addition to our inclusive and innovative working environment and competitive pay, full-time* team members enjoy:
- A fully remote work environment with flexible schedule and a generous Paid Time Off program with additional paid time for volunteering.
- Robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health savings accounts, company paid short- and long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid parental leave, life insurance, accident insurance, and other voluntary benefit programs for employees and their eligible dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
- Paid professional development hours and other supportive resources.
*Team members who are committed to work 30 or more hours each week are considered full-time
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation, and believe in our purpose of safer, consistent, quality health care for all. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity, and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
California Privacy Rights Notice:
During the application and hiring processes, Q-Centrix, LLC (“Q-Centrix”) may collect personal information from applicants. For residents of California, the collection of this personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CPRA”) which impose a duty on Q-Centrix to provide this notice at the point of collection, explaining what may be collected and for what purpose. Information collected by Q-Centrix in this way is stored and handled in accordance with data security industry standards best practices including technological, administrative, procedural, and physical safety measures. Q-Centrix does not store this information longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill its purposes listed herein and securely disposes of the data at the time and in the manner dictated by its internal document retention policies.
Personal Information we Collect – Q-Centrix may collect certain personal information during the application process. Over the preceding 12-month period, Q-Centrix may have collected the following categories of personal information as defined by the CCPA:
- Identifiers: This may include name, username, alias, postal address, telephone number, email, IP address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other personal identifiers, including identifiers created by Q-Centrix to recognize an applicant or employee.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law: This may include race, skin color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical conditions, disability, military/veteran status, age, or any requests for protected leave.
- Professional or Employment-related information: This may include application, resume, curriculum vitae, professional licenses, designations, credentials, certifications, or any information collected as part of the application or on-boarding process.
- Education Information: This may include education records, transcripts, report cards, diplomas, degrees, or certificates.
- Criminal, Financial, and Recreational Drug-Use Information: This may include information obtained from a background check, credit check, or employment-related drug test.
Purpose and Use of the Collected Information – Q-Centrix may use the above data for a variety of purposes related to the recruitment process and the administration of our business.
- Recruitment Process: This may include identifying candidates, processing applications, creating and making employment offer packages, reference checks, education verification, visa/work-permit filings, and on-boarding applicants as new employees.
- Improve Internal Processes: This may include data about responsiveness to recruitment postings, effectiveness of recruiting processes and tools, and the collection and analysis of data as it pertains to employment markets, hiring practices, compensation, and recruitment processes or tools.
- Recordkeeping: This may include keeping records for administrative purposes, maintaining contact information of candidates, complying with legal, regulatory, or law enforcement requirements, to comply with any reporting obligations, to protect or exercise our legal rights or remedies, or for litigation purposes.
Disclosure of Information – Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information to third parties within the context of our recruitment process or your employment.
- Vendors: This may include individuals or companies that provide recruitment-related services, administrative services, human resource services, employment screening services, onboarding and training services, process refinement services, data processing, data storage, or other services related to the application and hiring processes.
- Employees, Parents, and Affiliates: This may include individuals, parent companies, or affiliate companies of Q-Centrix related to the recruiting process or onboarding process. Additionally, Q-Centrix may disclose information to employees, parents, affiliates, or other companies or individuals as necessary as part of a reorganization, merger, or acquisition.
- Mandatory Disclosure: Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information as it believes necessary to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or governmental requests.
- Protection of Interests: Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information in order to protect its interests, which may include protecting itself from illegal activities, regulatory violations, security issues, technical issues, rights violations, harm to property, or harm to individuals.
Sources of Information – Q-Centrix may obtain personal information from:
- You: This may include information you provide on an application or any other information you provide us directly.
- Vendors: This may include any vendors we disclose information to in accordance with Section 3.1 above.
- Verification Sources: This may include professional organizations, licensing bodies, academic institutions, or any references.
- Publicly Available Sources: This may include public governmental filings, social media profiles, personal websites, news articles, or any other publicly available information.
Your Rights – You retain some rights to your personal information and may submit requests in accordance with those rights by reaching out via the methods below.
- Access and Updates: You may submit a request to access, correct, update, or delete any of your personal information Q-Centrix possesses.
- Use: You may submit a request to limit the allowed purposes for which Q-Centrix may use or process your personal information.
MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS
This notice may be updated to reflect changes to our policies in accordance with our business, legal, or regulatory obligations, at which time Q-Centrix will provide any legally required notices of such changes.
If you have questions about the Q-Centrix California Privacy Rights Notice or a request regarding any personal information which may have been collected during the application and/or hiring process, please contact 1-877-284-8681 or send an email to email@example.com.