When a mortality or complication occurs, it’s critical to understand the complete picture of the patient’s health history and risk factors along with the care received. The Q-Centrix Mortality Review solution provides a focused assessment of inpatient mortality and complication events. The solution captures information related to patient demographics, admissions, diagnoses, and comorbid conditions that help provide a complete picture of each patient’s individual health history and risk factors.
How It Works:
The QIS team populates a dashboard with critical data elements from the EHR.
After review and validation, a patient report is generated for the partner hospital.
The partner hospital approves the report and leverages insights for process improvement.
The evaluation process turns performance data collection into measurable and actionable insights:
- Dual-vision reporting on mortality and complications
- Thorough documentation of clinical complications
- Abstraction of the Charlson Comorbidity Index and Patient ADL Score to develop a numeric risk score
- Fully-customized performance evaluation on key clinical protocols to mitigate harm from complications
- Prevention of mortality and complications through evidence-based protocol