We’re super into the work we do and the community we’ve built and think you might be, too.
Q-Centrix is the largest exclusive provider of clinical data management solutions to acute care hospitals. A market disruptor and innovator, Q-Centrix believes that there is nothing more valuable than clinical data as it is critical in delivering safe, consistent, quality healthcare for all. Bringing together deep expertise across providers, clinical knowledge, data and software, Q-Centrix provides an integrated approach that can redefine and streamline the data management and real-world application process for the healthcare industry, thereby enabling increased efficiency and exciting new solution opportunities.
Providing the industry’s first Enterprise Clinical Data Management (eCDM™) platform, Q-Centrix utilizes its market-leading software, the largest and broadest team of clinical data experts, a modern-stack software and reporting data structure, and best practices from its 1,200+ hospital partners to securely extract, curate, structure, and enhance clinical data at the highest quality level. The resulting high quality structured clinical data is then utilized to support reporting demands, drive improved care delivery, meet financial and operational needs, enable population health workflows and power broad research use cases. Its solutions cover a breadth of clinical segments, including cardiovascular, oncology, infection prevention, trauma and real-world data applications. Q-Centrix’s platform enables its partners to access valuable clinical information that may otherwise be trapped across multiple workflow systems and clinical information platforms. Q-Centrix is positioned for continued growth as they integrate new capabilities and business lines.
Backed by a leading global private equity growth firm, TPG, Q-Centrix will continue to invest heavily in technology (data, software, automation), people, and processes that can accelerate access to high quality structured clinical data at scale and facilitate greater real world data applications.
We are hiring for a remote Data Engineering Manager to lead our growing data engineering team and oversee the development and maintenance of our enterprise operational data models. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of the data pipelines, the enterprise data model, and managing the performance and career development of the data engineering team. We work collaboratively with a strong testing culture, continuous integration, and high standards. You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about healthcare and excited about delivering an amazing data platform. Our development stack is a SQL, dbt, Airflow, and AWS cloud databases.
Team Leadership Requirements:
- Manage and mentor a team of data engineers, providing guidance and support to ensure their professional growth and development.
- Set technical direction for your team.
- Ensure the continued accuracy and completeness of data and effectiveness of the data pipeline and identify areas for improvements.
- Identify and resolve data issues as they arise by monitoring performance and ensuring best practices are followed.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our data pipelines.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including executives, business leaders, and other teams, to ensure that data models and pipelines meet their needs and expectations.
- Other Duties: As a growth organization, roles and responsibilities often evolve and adapt over time. As such, this job description may not comprehensively account for future activities, responsibilities, and priorities—these may evolve right along with us!
- Design and maintain an enterprise data model that supports key business data needs, decision support, and reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize data needs and ensure that data models meet business requirements.
- Ensure that the enterprise data model is consistent, accurate, and complete, and that it is kept up to date as business requirements evolve.
- Develop and maintain documentation on the enterprise data model, including data definitions, relationships, and business rules.
- Ensure that the enterprise data model is optimized for performance and scalability, and that it supports efficient reporting and analysis.
- Develop and maintain processes for data lineage, data quality, and metadata management to support the enterprise data model.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering or related field.
- 1-3+ years leading a data engineering team, ideally while managing team members.
- BS in Computer Science or extensive (5+ years) working experience in data engineering development.
- Enjoy working with others to grow their skillsets.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- AWS or other cloud-based technology (GCP, Azure) experience a plus.
- Familiarity with various data modeling techniques, such as star schema.
- Testing mindset.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage a team of Data Engineers
Work Environment/Physical Demands: Continuous sitting and fine manipulation.
Travel Requirements: 5%
Work Authorization: Legally able to work in the United States without sponsorship
At Q-Centrix, our purpose—safer, consistent, quality healthcare for all—drives everything we do. To accomplish this important work, we need to attract, engage, and retain a talented team by providing a compelling, equitable rewards package comprised of an inclusive culture, flexible work environment, learning and development opportunities, competitive pay that rewards high performance, and robust benefits that support health and financial wellness. Add to this package a supportive community of people who help each other not only do meaningful work, but learn, grow, and have fun while doing so, and you get an organization that has earned the Great Place to Work distinction multiple years in a row!
The target salary range for this role is $145,000 to $160,000 per year, plus an annual bonus targeted at 10% of the team member’s annual salary. An individual’s salary within this range is based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational considerations. Salary ranges are reviewed, at minimum, annually and all team members are eligible for performance-based salary increases during our organization’s annual review period. The annual bonus payout may be higher or lower than target, dependent on individual and company performance and is considered variable pay.
In addition to our inclusive and innovative working environment and competitive pay, team members enjoy:
- Remote/hybrid flexibility (depending on location) and a generous Flexible Time Off program with additional paid time for volunteering.
- Robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health savings accounts, company paid short- and long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid parental leave, life insurance, accident insurance, and other voluntary benefit programs for employees and their eligible dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation, and believe in our purpose of safer, consistent, quality health care for all. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity, and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
California Privacy Rights Notice:
During the application and hiring processes, Q-Centrix, LLC (“Q-Centrix”) may collect personal information from applicants. For residents of California, the collection of this personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CPRA”) which impose a duty on Q-Centrix to provide this notice at the point of collection, explaining what may be collected and for what purpose. Information collected by Q-Centrix in this way is stored and handled in accordance with data security industry standards best practices including technological, administrative, procedural, and physical safety measures. Q-Centrix does not store this information longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill its purposes listed herein and securely disposes of the data at the time and in the manner dictated by its internal document retention policies.
Personal Information we Collect – Q-Centrix may collect certain personal information during the application process. Over the preceding 12-month period, Q-Centrix may have collected the following categories of personal information as defined by the CCPA:
- Identifiers: This may include name, username, alias, postal address, telephone number, email, IP address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other personal identifiers, including identifiers created by Q-Centrix to recognize an applicant or employee.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law: This may include race, skin color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical conditions, disability, military/veteran status, age, or any requests for protected leave.
- Professional or Employment-related information: This may include application, resume, curriculum vitae, professional licenses, designations, credentials, certifications, or any information collected as part of the application or on-boarding process.
- Education Information: This may include education records, transcripts, report cards, diplomas, degrees, or certificates.
- Criminal, Financial, and Recreational Drug-Use Information: This may include information obtained from a background check, credit check, or employment-related drug test.
Purpose and Use of the Collected Information – Q-Centrix may use the above data for a variety of purposes related to the recruitment process and the administration of our business.
- Recruitment Process: This may include identifying candidates, processing applications, creating and making employment offer packages, reference checks, education verification, visa/work-permit filings, and on-boarding applicants as new employees.
- Improve Internal Processes: This may include data about responsiveness to recruitment postings, effectiveness of recruiting processes and tools, and the collection and analysis of data as it pertains to employment markets, hiring practices, compensation, and recruitment processes or tools.
- Recordkeeping: This may include keeping records for administrative purposes, maintaining contact information of candidates, complying with legal, regulatory, or law enforcement requirements, to comply with any reporting obligations, to protect or exercise our legal rights or remedies, or for litigation purposes.
Disclosure of Information – Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information to third parties within the context of our recruitment process or your employment.
- Vendors: This may include individuals or companies that provide recruitment-related services, administrative services, human resource services, employment screening services, onboarding and training services, process refinement services, data processing, data storage, or other services related to the application and hiring processes.
- Employees, Parents, and Affiliates: This may include individuals, parent companies, or affiliate companies of Q-Centrix related to the recruiting process or onboarding process. Additionally, Q-Centrix may disclose information to employees, parents, affiliates, or other companies or individuals as necessary as part of a reorganization, merger, or acquisition.
- Mandatory Disclosure: Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information as it believes necessary to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or governmental requests.
- Protection of Interests: Q-Centrix may disclose your personal information in order to protect its interests, which may include protecting itself from illegal activities, regulatory violations, security issues, technical issues, rights violations, harm to property, or harm to individuals.
Sources of Information – Q-Centrix may obtain personal information from:
- You: This may include information you provide on an application or any other information you provide us directly.
- Vendors: This may include any vendors we disclose information to in accordance with Section 3.1 above.
- Verification Sources: This may include professional organizations, licensing bodies, academic institutions, or any references.
- Publicly Available Sources: This may include public governmental filings, social media profiles, personal websites, news articles, or any other publicly available information.
Your Rights – You retain some rights to your personal information and may submit requests in accordance with those rights by reaching out via the methods below.
- Access and Updates: You may submit a request to access, correct, update, or delete any of your personal information Q-Centrix possesses.
- Use: You may submit a request to limit the allowed purposes for which Q-Centrix may use or process your personal information.
MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS
This notice may be updated to reflect changes to our policies in accordance with our business, legal, or regulatory obligations, at which time Q-Centrix will provide any legally required notices of such changes.
If you have questions about the Q-Centrix California Privacy Rights Notice or a request regarding any personal information which may have been collected during the application and/or hiring process, please contact 1-877-284-8681 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.